Thursday, February 16, 2012

Apple Complimented

"Apple Complimented"
6 x 6" Original Oil
©2012 Trish Stevenson

Back in the day, I was never attracted to still life, but as I grow older and hopefully wiser, I realize what a tremendous learning opportunity it is to study still life - I just wish I had done this a long time ago. As far as classical steps of art study, I have always valued the importance of drawing, but never saw the value of still life. I thought it would be boring - I love the action of rodeo and horses running after all. HOWEVER, now that I am older and hopefully wiser, I finally realize that still life has less to do with the subject and more to do with the important aspects of a painting, like composition, color, edges, value. I actually have grown to love the genre, I learn so much from each piece -especially the ones I throw out! Click her to bid.

No comments:

Post a Comment